Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fell in love at a glance



One word: Greenville...South Carolina. I am officially in love. The moment I stepped out of the car and onto Main Street my heart fluttered :) Boutiques, restaurants, arts and entertainment, it is me in a city. I had always heard how great of a southern town it was but had never made the time to go. After attending a Miranda Lambert/ Eric Church concert in Clemson the night before(which was amazing), the sweet boy decided we should take a day trip to Greenville and venture around. Boy does he know me or what?! He also found this neat yogurt place Blueberry Frog, it was delicious. They had the most precious festival and activities going on and we had a wonderful time...
This is Falls Park , it is a little quaint park in the center of town, you can miss it if you don't look closely. I have always loved the south and this to me was the epitome of all things southern. My mother and I recently ventured back to Greenville for the day during my fall break, which was wonderful as well. What can I say it took one glance and my heart was in love....




I also don't think I have shared my love for philanthropy, basically it is the best. I know this sounds cheesy, but it is a huge part of the reason I wanted to be Greek. Alpha Xi Delta's philanthropy is Autism Speaks, which is such a great organization to pair with. My chapter is currently planning one of our biggest fundraisers we do each year, titled "Fuzzie Football" It is basically a flag football tournament where teams from all around campus come and participate, Greek and non Greeks alike. If you are wondering where the fuzzie comes in our AXID mascot is the teddy bear. Anyways, I am super excited about the tournament and have been working non-stop as Philanthropy Chair to make sure we get plenty of sponsors, have t-shirts made, get plenty of teams to play and entertainment for spectators. I am in love with this position and I hope everything turns our successfully so we can raise money for such a great cause.

-Ashton

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you're doing a great job in your office! It's so important to make sure the person in that office is truly passionate about philanthropy!

    ReplyDelete