Sunday, May 23, 2010

You don't know what you got till it's gone!

I am sure many of you know the old Counting Crows song, "Big Yellow Taxi", this weekend that song has really paralled my life oddly enough. I didn't realize when I moved home for the summer how much I would truly miss my sorority sisters. I mean I know how much I love them and how close we all have become, but seeing them this weekend really made it clear. AXID has only been in my life for almost a year, but it has been amazing the impact it has made on me. I have had the opportunity to become and a leader nad a stronger woman. The phrase in the toon, "you don't know what you got till it's gone..." really rings true is the literal aspect of all my sisters and I are away from each other this summer and being farther from them has really put in perspective how much they truly mean. This weekend we had a recruitment workshop and the Atlanta Walk for Autism. I headed down to school early to hang with the girls and it was amazing how much we had missed in each others lives. I was so glad to share laughs and some fun adventures. Thankfully, one of the opportunities extended to me through being in my sorority is involvement, I was recently able to become our Philanthropy Chair, which I was stoked about because I love community involvement. Fortunately, I was able to plan our involvement with the Autism Walk, which so fun and I was so proud for all the sisters who were involved.In addition thanks to my wonderful support system, I was able to boast a 4.0 gpa this semester so positive really does come from such a small source. In the final lines of the Counting Crows song it says, " a big yellow taxi took my girl away" this relates to me in the fact that though we all of driven away from a center point (school) this summer, our "taxis" will quickly bring us back together quite soon. And I am always left to remember that though my active days in AXID will only last a few short years, the internal affect will never change because from the outside looking in, you can’t understand it.from the inside looking out, you can’t explain it.


In addition, I am happy to add that I was awarded the Versatile Blogger award from Live Simply


I am supposed to share a few fun facts about myself, so here we go:

1. Though I love technology, I have never had much luck with it, computers lke to crash on me, phones go haywire, my friends never let me live it down.
2. I love the arts as nerdy as that sounds. Musicals are my all time favorite, I look like a kid in a candy shop watching them.
3. Shopping is my second love, but I kill for a deal, I am a self profeesed bargain shooper, but I still love my labels.
4. Finally, I am a super ambiotious, I always have grand and great whether or not they pan out we will see, but I figure I only one life to live so why not live it up

So now I will tag two others:

Blonde Ambition

Politically Sweet

3 comments:

  1. You are so sweet that you miss your sorority sisters and that's great you have become so close! I hope that will be me after next year! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song! Congrats on you 4.0 last semester!

    ReplyDelete