Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Little pieces of heaven on earth!


So, I am on spring break this week. We enjoyed our first beautiful day today, it was fabulous. The condo we are staying in is just gorgeous and the view is magnificent. There is nothing like the sound of the waves and the light breeze and sand between your toes to provide you such a great view of all that God has created. I feel that as the week continues I will be able to clearly understand what quite possibly God could have in store for my future as I sit in awe of the very creations that surround me. I am pressed more and more lately by the little things in life, as you can see by the pattern in my writing lately. Before this trip began I noticed a pattern of little events, in which I like to call "little pieces of heaven on earth", my way of seeing God in such a desolate world. My first event occured when registering at a local college for summer courses, upon asking directions to a particular building, a nice gentleman who could have easily been brisk, not only directed me towards the building, but walked me all the way there and preceded to have a nice conversation with me. He could have easily brushed me off, but his kindness made me want to pay foward the kindness he had shown. A few days ago, my mother and I were getting our car washed and my mother was trying to use multiple rain checks as she had been instructed, when we got to the counter the lady instructed us that you were only supposed to use one, but instead of reprimanding us, she simply gave us the complete wash for free. My final "piece" came in the form of the the DMV, many know that comes with a reputation of bad service, but after I misplaced my license and had to go get another one. Upon coming up to the counter I was greeted by the most delightful and friendly woman, I was in shock of the great customer service given to me. As this week continues, I hope to see even more little graces and pieces. Now, here is a little of what I have been and will be enjoying this week:

The book I will be reading....
My awesome Roommate, Tmoss!
We met several Alpha Xi Delta's from Henderson State while at the beach! How Cool!




My big and I taking a stroll


No comments:

Post a Comment