Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh the places you'll go, oh the people you'll meet

Dr. Suess wrote the short, but fabulous words that inspired millions. I find that in my own life after reading "Oh the place you'll go", I have been presented opportunities where the most unique and phenomonal aquaintances I have made, make the largest impact on my future. I met a young lady recently, who struck up a conversation about transit. Upon learning that she had no form of transportation to and from our university flabergasted me, but I soon learned that she lived in a urban area where most people neither have a license or a car because thanks to transit systems they have no need to depend on motor vehicle. This struck a cord with me since so much of my rural life has depended on something that is only a minor setback to others. Even more recently, I have learned about people who can change your life with the honesty that will lead to your success. I read a story just the other day about a man who inspired people not only with his actions, but also his gentle words. His passion for people exceeded all odds. When struck with a very serious disease, the gentleman did not take it with sadness , but with a spiritual drive to push life to the fullest. His wisdom truly did inspire me because when I came to the end of the article, I saw a familiar name. It was my uncle who had inspired so many people including myself and I never even realized the difference you will make through others. SO I am dedicating this first blog to the one who lifted me up and helped form the woman I am today, though he is no longer with us, his spirit still lives within each of the individuals who's lives he has touched. "Oh the places you'll go, oh the people you'll meet...Wherever you fly, you’ll be the best of the best.Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. "

No comments:

Post a Comment